Clostridioides difficile Kit (6 Pack) order #: 390054
This supply pack is sufficient for one Clostridioides difficile analysis containing one 90 mL sterile container, one wooden stick, and one General Test Requisition Form.
- Open the biohazard bag and remove the sterile container.
- Collect specimen directly into container, or transfer from bedpan or plastic wrap stretched over toilet bowl using wooden stick. Specimen should be 10-15 mL of diarrheal stool. Dry or formed stool is unacceptable and specimen will be rejected.
- Recap the specimen container tightly.
- Label the specimen container with the patient’s full name, date of collection and one other unique identifier such as the patient’s date of birth or Health Card Number. Failure to provide this information may result in rejection or testing delay.
- Place the specimen in the biohazard bag and seal the bag.
- Complete all fields of the requisition: include, the patient’s full name, date of birth, Health Card Number (must match the specimen label), enter ‘Clostridioides difficile analysis’ under test description, source of specimen, date of onset, date of collection, physician name and address, and clinical diagnosis.
- Place specimen in the biohazard bag and seal bag.
- Insert the completed requisition in the pocket on the outside of the sealed biohazard bag.
- Transport collected specimen to the laboratory within 72 hours. If unable to transport the same day, store under refrigeration until it can be transported. Note: Freezing of the specimen is not required. Specimens that are frozen may lose activity due to freezing and thawing which may affect final results.
- For further information about Clostridioides difficile specimen collection and testing refer to the Test Directory Index.
Storage of unused kits:
The kits can be stored at room temperature. There is no expiry date.
Note: Clostridioides difficile Kit (6 Pack) order #: 390054
Updated 12 July 2019
You need a MyPHO Account to save this page.
Log in to MyPHO
Don’t have a MyPHO account? Register Now
You have successfully created a MyPHO account!
Use MyPHO to save content relevant to you, take online courses and register for subscriptions.