Trichinellosis is a foodborne infection caused by an intestinal parasite belonging to the family Trichinella. Infection can occur through eating contaminated raw or undercooked meat. Symptoms include nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. Other symptoms occur as the disease progresses, including headache, muscle soreness, fever and facial swelling. Infection can be prevented by cooking meat to appropriate temperatures.
Updated 15 Dec 2022
You need a MyPHO Account to save this page.
Log in to MyPHO
Don’t have a MyPHO account? Register Now
You have successfully created a MyPHO account!
Use MyPHO to save content relevant to you, take online courses and register for subscriptions.