Just Clean Your Hands – Long-term Care
Educating health care providers in long-term care homes about why, when and how to clean their hands is an important component of the Just Clean Your Hands (JCYH) program. The education tools provide background on the importance of hand hygiene. The training tools are based on the four moments for hand hygiene, which is a practical approach to teaching the essential moments for when hand hygiene should be performed.
JCYH print resources are no longer available through ServiceOntario
Resources are now available for download only on our website. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Regional IPAC Support Team.
Education for Health Care Providers
- Your 4 Moments for Hand Hygiene
- The Science Behind JCYH
- PIDAC Hand Hygiene Fact Sheet for Health Care Settings
- Hand Care Program
- Hand Care Assessment
- Certificate of Training Completion
- Your 4 Moments Pocket Card
- Female - large
- Male - large
- Point of Care Prompt
- How to Handwash poster (8.5 x 11)
- How to Handwash mini poster
- How to Handrub poster (8.5 x 11)
- How to Handrub mini poster
Environmental Changes & Alcohol-Based Hand Rub Placement
Monitoring & Observation (Auditing)
- How to Become a Just Clean Your Hands Observer
- Hand Hygiene Compliance Observation and Analysis
- Observation Tool Form
- On the Spot Feedback Tool
Observation and Analysis Excel Tool
Note: Please make sure you read the instructions carefully before using the tool.
Senior Management Support (& Program Leadership)
Resident and Family Engagement
Updated 22 Oct 2019
You need a MyPHO Account to save this page.
Log in to MyPHO
Don’t have a MyPHO account? Register Now
You have successfully created a MyPHO account!
Use MyPHO to save content relevant to you, take online courses and register for subscriptions.